Monday, May 22, 2006

and then there was one

the days came and went in the blink of an eye. when she goes it is always with an ache whose intensity is so deep that i fear my soul will collapse. it sounds adolescent and puppy-lovish, i get that. the thing that amazes me daily is that it's so much deeper and bigger than that. you remember in high school, the first time you felt love? you thought you could fly, every love song made sense...then you learn that it's not forever, there will be other people, some naivety is lost. the certainty of this inside my spirit is so different. it felt like coming home. my heart is calm and certain. i feel whole in a way i never dreamed i could. hell, i didn't even know that i felt incomplete before. i have been filled right up with her. so the inconvenience of a (really) long distance relationship is just a necessary evil for the time being. we are working on the cure right now. but until then, my heart screams "this is wrong" every time i leave her. and days like today are the hardest days. she will be back soon for the summer. my heart holds on to that.

6 comments:

puhpaul said...

Just remember, it's only a few weeks before she comes back to you. July will be here before you know it.

paul

scribble said...

I remeber that same sense of being home, the ache that continues until you are together again. I feel for you both.
How wonderful you have someone to miss so completly.

alan said...

Some people go a whole lifetime and never find a love like yours, or they are so afraid they run from it rather than letting it fill them up like you speak of!

That the two of you have found each other is the stuff that dreams are made of!

alan

Puffer said...

Summer cannot come fast enough...
I will watch out for flies today
I miss u

for_the_lonely said...

I know that you two will be back in each others arms before you know it! ;)

Sarah

Jen said...

Summer will be here soon.