Friday, March 03, 2006

i miss

















































my sister. we haven't seen each other since christmas. since we both went off to college, our talks and visits have grown further apart. before that, she practically lived with me at uga. we've become different people, i think. she's grown up. i don't recognize her sometimes, literally. the most changing she's done has been from the inside out. i tiptoed around the conversation when i came out to her, afraid of her reaction, worried that the past few years of separation might become permanent. she'd said homophobic things in my presence in the past, we'd grown apart a bit, for the first time in 20 years. it scared me. i cried through her entire response, which happened to be the sweetest words i'd heard in years. my heart has always swelled with more pride for her than i could keep inside. today i i feel like i need more hearts, a bigger soul, another me, to contain all the love and respect i have for my family and friends. we are long overdue for something fun. maybe six flags is calling our names. it is now open on the weekends. yeah. six flags.

6 comments:

Puffer said...

I can imagine how much you miss her
I am missing mine pretty bad too
these photos are awesome
Six flags, I cannot wait
Let's hope I can do the rollercoaster...

Sarah said...

you will love that. do it. start planning a get-together and find a time when everyone can meet up and spend the day. it's so hard being apart from family, especially a sister you are close to. I have to believe it will get better. So do you. now, stop crying and go to www.sixflags.com and plan something fun! (bit of friendly pushing there)

Traci said...

first, she's lovely. second, so are you. third, have FUN sweetie!

for_the_lonely said...

I am guessing that the pics are of your sister..is she a model? Man, there are some good looking genes in your family! LOL!!!
I know that your sister misses you too..but I think that it is true..absence truly does make the heart grow fonder.

Hugs to you, soul sister...
Sarah

Karen said...

Hi Camille....

Just wanted to tell you that I really wish you were coming to Belize with Chris....you will be missed and I hope I get to meet you one day really soon!!!!

xoxox karen

meelo said...

yes, that's my sister. no, she's not a model. she's 5 ft. 2 inches.