Thursday, December 29, 2005

god bless blogger

i started this blog in march of last year. back when rosie still had an actual blogger blog, not a personal website. i don't even remember how i came across hers, but reading her thoughts made me want to put things down again. i'd taken a long vacation from writing and when i started this, i had something to say every day. i still have things to say...it's just that i was so busy with the last semester of school that things got piled up. i made mental lists of blog subjects i wanted to address, and they became so numerous that by the time i had a chance to write them, they were obsolete in my daily life.

this blog has been one of the best things i ever began. not only did it allow me a place to say what was really on my mind, but it led me to her. that was the last thing on my mind when i started this site, but it has been the most serendipitous thing to ever happen to me. my girlfriend is the most amazing woman i know. and i'm not just saying that...

she is genuinely kind and respectful, to the point that i am shocked by the continuity of her sincerity. she is intelligent and opinionated and informed about what is happening around her. she is ambitious and goal-oriented, but also beautifully appreciative of the present. she loves people. all people. she is a truly gifted educator, if not solely based on her ability to connect with these kids. cal once told me, "be a strong and child-like nurse. you have nurtured that part of you and children are drawn to it." at the time i didn't fully appreciate what she meant. now that i've seen it in another person, i understand. children, old and young, know that chris "gets" them and that they don't have to censor themselves with her. she is uniquely appreciative of their spirits and those things which make them unique. kids are much more perceptive than they are given credit for, and they know immediately that chris is someone they can trust, who appreciates them for WHO they are, and that is so rare. so rare, in fact, that she is the only person i have ever known to possess this quality. i am so happy that she has chosen this career. she is so naturally suited for it.

my girlfriend is a gifted writer. she dances, stylistically, somewhere between my overly verbose ramblings and ee cummings' conciseness. she is at times so directly poignant that i find myself with nothing remotely adequate to say in response. i hope we can save bound copies of her blog for our children.

my soulmate has a love for music that runs deeply through her core. she appreciates it all, every note, every lyric, every stylistic element. it moves her and sustains her. it means to her everything that it means to me. i am shocked by that. i never thought i would encounter another person who had a need for music as primal as mine. i not only encountered her, i am going to spend my life with her. i want to spend all my moments with her.

the love of my life is hilarious. she makes me laugh from the pit of my stomach, often when i'm least expecting to. the first two months that we began correspondence, my cheeks literally hurt. it took me a few weeks to realize i was smiling more than i ever had. her laugh is the most joyful sound i've ever heard. it is contagious and you can't help but be lit up by it.

my girlfriend is original, thoughtful, totally unpredictable. all at once she is eloquent and silly, woman and child, lover and best friend, expert and novice, strong and open. my life has never been so full of love, laughter and happiness. it all radiates from her. i want to see the world through her eyes, by her side, hand in hand, for the rest of my life. you're all invited to the wedding.


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you...and God bless Chris for making you smile and laugh and love...i am sure the wedding will be beautiful.

Melissa

for_the_lonely said...

Oh man..what a post! The love that you have for her just oozes all over this post! Beautiful! I am looking forward to the wedding...;)

Love,
Sarah

Puffer said...

I look forward to every single day I have with you
the future is so bright
I love honey
thank u for what u wrote
I am deeply touched
I love u

Traci said...

Wow. To "see" love is so amazing and so beautiful. Thank you Camille for sharing this stunningly beautiful writing about the love of your life. I'm looking forward to the wedding!

www.kimmy.cc said...

I am so, so, soooooo happy for you!

And um, she's pretty cute, too, dont'cha think? :)

Congrats on graduation. I am 37, and if I had the chance to do it all again, I would go to nursing school. I have always wanted to be an L & D nurse. If I could turn back time

Congrats you two, you look gorgeous together

~~ Kimmy

scrappy rose said...

I started my blog around the same time... I heard about Rosie's blog in a magazine I think... it has been great to meet lots of new people and chat, even if it is in blogland...

lightfeather said...

I started blogging then too. Divine timing for me too. I could never imagine my life this past year without this wonderful outlet and gift!

I love LOVE and I love the look of love. You two have it!

Loving you,
Lighty

Toshia Caravita said...

i've been reading your blog since I found the Rent reference. i love it.

are you really getting married? My wife and i just got married (again--there was a Canadian paperwork ceremony in June) in October on Fernandina Beach. (You can see the pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/lusa_euphoria42) We're 21 and 22 and there are a million things about you two that remind me of us. We live in Nashville (she just graduated Vanderbilt), but I'm from Waycross, GA, so finding you was cool-- queer girls in Southern Georgia are few and far between. Add the possibility that they fall for a Canadian girl-- i mean, the chances are outrageous!

Either way, congratulations on your happiness.

Karen said...

That's our girl! It is not often you find what you two have! Can't wait to meet you Camille!
Happy 2006!!

scribble said...

Happy new year Camille !
I've missed you too !!

www.kimmy.cc said...

Happy New Year :)

pack of 2 said...

Happy New Year Camielle!

I hope 2006 is everything you wish for.

Shelly

Sarah said...

Hello Sweets!!!

Oh, I am so so so so so so so happy for you! Truly. It makes my heart smile as I read your adoration for your Sweetie. She sound pretty neat. Plus, she is a Canuk. My Sweetie is a Canuk too, and I can understand the attraction to these Northern folk. Sigh...

Your blog reinforces my thougts on human beings and how we are more similar than different regardless of race, class, sexual orintation, etc, etc. You are a beautiful human being and deserve happiniss. I wish you a wonderful new year full of joy and peace.

Hugs, Sarah

Zoe said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog and I am really enjoying reading it.
It's really an amazing thing when you find your soulmate. I was lucky enough to find mine when I was 21, we've been together for 13 years now. Sounds like you're in for a life full of love and laughter.

Valerie said...

I've been lurking here for a while, but I don't know that I've every commented.

This post is so lovely, and you seen like a lovely person and a lovely couple. You are both so cute! Thanks for sharing, and congrats on your graduation.

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Valerie said...

Okay, my comment is full of typos. Of course, "every" should be "ever" and "seen" should be "seen" and any others that are there...uh, yeah...I see them.

:)