Thursday, July 21, 2005

selective hearing...



...grace's area of expertise.

phone conversation 10 minutes ago:

grace: "mio, (where) are you?"
me: "at my house, but i'm leaving for the beach."
grace: "oh okay. i go (with) you. MOMMY! i need my bathing suit! mio coming (to) get me, go to (the) beach."
me: "no baby, not this time. i have to go alone today."
grace: "ahhh no fair mio. mio....ummm..... i love you."
me: "i love you too baby doll. i'll come see you in a few days, ok?"
grace: "MOMMY!! mio coming (t0) get me! i not go to church, mio coming!"
me: "not today! in a FEW days."
grace: "you coming (to) my house? mio, i miss you."
me: "i miss you too baby. you're the first person i'll come see when i get home, okay?"
grace: "okay mio. mio? i go (with) you, okay? please? i go with you 'morrow. we can swim, okay? i go to (the) pool with you and you hold me up and i swim, okay?"
me: "okay grace, i'll hold you up and we'll swim."
grace: "oh okay. i love you! mio, hear me? I LOVE YOU! oh okay, i talk to you tomorrow."

my heart is filled to the brim with gratitude. my babies are amazing.

15 comments:

maceydoo said...

You are so fortunate to have her in your life, a little angel!!


Enjoy your visit to the beach! & Tomorrow swiming with Grace!
Lisa

for_the_lonely said...

What a doll...they are so lucky to have you in their lives too! :)

Love,
Sarah

LeaLea said...

soo sweet..and i know she must adore you to pieces..and you must feel the same about her..

Wicked Wanda said...

That is the sweetest thing!

Kirsti said...

Awww. Very very cute. A girl who definitely knows what she wants - and that's to see you. Very wise.

Puffer said...

She is so cute
you will have so
much fun with her
I will come too
o.k.!

Jas... said...

So Cute!

Dixie said...

She's a little angel, isn't she? She must fill your life with so much love.

Sarah said...

AWW she is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!

Jan said...

That"s the cutest thing I have seen (read) in a very long time.

Janice said...

what a sweetie pie! :)

MARYBETH said...

Dear Camille,

You will not experience the usual (end of a fun weekend , gotta get up early tomorrow morning) spiral into despair),

as, as this little soul

makes your return home,

a joyous event.

((hugs))

Na maste,
MB

Puffer said...

Get back now

for_the_lonely said...

Ditto Chris...so much to fill you in on...oh, how I have missed you.

Love,
Sarah

Patricia said...

awww, you heartbreaker, you! :)