Wednesday, July 06, 2005

fallen

Heaven bent to take my hand
And lead me through the fire
Be the long awaited answer
To a long and painful fight

Truth be told I've tried my best
But somewhere along the way
I got caught up in all there was to offer
And the cost was so much more than I could bear

Though I've tried, I've fallen
I have sunk so low
I've messed up
better, I should know
So don't come round here
And tell me I told you so

We all begin with good intent
Love was raw and young
We believed that we could change ourselves
The past can be undone

But we carry on our backs the burden
Time always reveals
In the lonely light of morning
In the wound that would not heal
It's the bitter taste of losing everything
That I've held so dear

I've fallen
I have sunk so low
I've messed up
better, I should know
So don't come round here
And tell me I told you so,
Don't tell me I told you so

Heaven bent to take my hand
I have nowhere left to turn
I've lost to those I thought were friends
To everyone I know
Oh, they turned their heads embarrassed
Pretend that they don't see
But it's one missed step
You'll slip before you know it
And there doesn't seem a way to be redeemed

Though I've tried, I've fallen
I have sunk so low
I've messed up
better, I should know
So don't come round here
And tell me I told you so...

it's interesting how songs somehow capture every angle of a situation in your life. this has become the anthem for my recently broken relationship. and it was completely accidental. i've known this song for years...knew the lyrics. only really listened to them again a few weeks ago and suddenly stopped singing along and listened. sometimes we forget to do that: listen.

10 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful song with me.

Time heals all wounds, sweet soul. Keep your head up. Things will get better.

Love you,
Sarah

Sarah said...

Your poem makes my heart ache!!! It is so beautiful!!!

The song is touching as well. Broken relationships bite. Only time can make it better.

I send you hugs galore!

lightfeather said...

Exquisite!

Hugs and more to you tonight.

Puffer said...

K I saw Sarah last fall and we are so
going to her concert
I love her
Drifting is my favourite song
I think i have a song for every time in my life or at least what I was doing then
You're so cool I loved reading the song tonight
made me hear it differently in my head
thank you

Sarah said...

What also happens is that we perceive even our favorite songs differently depending on where we are in life and how we can relate to them at that given time. I remember some artists saying that each time they sing their songs it means something different to them...it's interesting. And I love that song btw. Thanks for sharing!

Under A Blackened Sky said...

That song is from Sarah McLachlan's afterglow and was released in 2003. I LOVE Sarah McLachlan! Spingle tingle whenever I hear this one. Not to worry, redemption will find it's way to you. Relationships are hard aren't they?

Jas... said...

I love your poetry and your taste in music, C, but I'm worried about you. I hope that you find an answer!

:)
Jas...

MARYBETH said...

Dear Camille,

Hey girl ..
Sure hope every day your heart is healing
getting stronger
reaching out...

I AM ALL ABOUT ANYTHING THAT BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER!!!

I don't no-a nothin bout blog conferences =) ....BUT, just tell me how and I'm in Dear Camille.

Hey, have you ever tried yoga??
It sure helps me all the time, but most particularly when my Emotions are running high... or low...which ever way ya choose to look at it.

Come visit again... and again... and again....

Warm winds carrying lots of Desert peace your way.

N a m a s t e,
MB

for_the_lonely said...

PS....You know I'll catch you if you've "fallen". I love you!

Sarah

The Recovering Straight Girl said...

Camille, I just adore you so very much.