Monday, June 27, 2005

oh where oh where

so i've been out and about the southeastern u.s. lately and everyone's been starving for some attention in blogsville...i must say, i missed you guys. i've got so much to say, and it's all gotten piled up as i put off blogging...i may save some of it for later dates when my life is boring.

my best friend of 13 years and i did some soul searching, face stuffing, kareokeing and vegging together. she balances me out. i enjoy my time with her so much, because i feel like i find a happy medium in my personality. we can go out with friends, sing in front of strangers, go to the beach, be absolutely still on the counch for 48 hours, sing show tunes and never see the light of day...

to everyone else, we are total opposites, but at heart i believe we're pretty similar. she feels the need to be "on" 24 hours a day. she is ALWAYS the life of the party, and i believe she feels as though she has to live up to that every day of her life, even when she feels like being whiney or quiet. i, on the other hand, am pretty low-key in a crowd (which is not to say that i don't voice my opinion loudly when desired). but when we're together, we can walk the line a little. i can be loud and drunk and more outgoing than in small-town hell, and she knows with me there's no need for entertaining. it's difficult to explain, because it feels a little cliche and i get frustrated because words aren't enough... but a calm comes over me when i'm with her because i know there's no need for fronting or even explanation. just laughter and love. and these days that's so rare.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm..yeah exactly like me and my friend. i get to be the loud one. lucky me.

Dixie said...

Few things are more healing than the time spent with a best friend.

Jas... said...

Camille, you're so refreshing to read. Your intelligence is far greater than mine, and so I feel as though I always take something grounding away from this site.

:D
Jas...

Sarah said...

You are back!! I missed you. =)

Yay that you get best friend time. Nothing as peaceful as being with a soulmate.

Your Barbie world shouldn't make you sad, it is a beautiful dream, and reality can only be improved by building on our dreams.

Hugs!

Sarah said...

Eeek! I just read that it wasn't your Barbie world, but what I said still holds, we should be happy to get a glimps of a beautiful dream and try to change reality with that dream.

for_the_lonely said...

Glad you are back too, hun.

Keep those kegel exercises going...LMFAO!

scribble said...

wonderful to have a friend that is so intuned with you.
Words aren't needed. I love that.
Glad happiness finds you.

pack of 2 said...

That is so great camille. I did that recently too. went to LA for the weekend & reconnected. It was wonderful to see her again.
Good for you girl!!