Wednesday, May 18, 2005

clarification

there's been some confusion about my girls. i'm 22 years old and childless. grace, tanna and cara are not my daughters. i've been keeping them for 7 years. i'm their babysitter-turned-close-family-friend. a varitable big sister, if you will. but they are the northern lights of my life.

i'm such a softie for little girls, having been surrounded by brothers and male cousins most of my life...if i ever had a child of my own i don't know what i would do if i didn't have a girl. maybe i'll just have to adopt. i just wanted you guys to know that i'm not a mother. i feel like it sometimes, the way i worry about these three. but for now, i am just camille. singular and selfish.

3 comments:

Sque said...

Awww, not selfish at all! You would be a very young mother at 22..there's plenty of time for babies yet! :)

Hey thanks for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment! I'd be glad to help with your template. I'm really just learning,but I'm working on a nice one and if you like it, you can have it..or we can work on something else. If nothing else, I can make you a nice masthead!

I'm going to be out of town for a few days, but I'll touch base with ya when I get back!

Welcome to the blogworld! :)

scribble said...

Morning Camille,
When I was pregnant the first time I too was sure that I could only connect deeply with a female child.
My son was born and I fell madly deeply in love. There is just some special bond between a mom and a son. The same seems to hold true for daddy's and little girls.
Mine adore their father and see no wrong in him. I let them believe that.
My son is more realistic and sees him for who he is, but respects him as he has been taught to.

Whatever you have, you will be the most amazing mom.
Your love is pure and so obviously unconditional. It flows from the pictures you post.
Thanks for sharing..

Jas... said...

Single maybe. Beautiful in every aspect, yes. But not selfish at all. - I call your girls your daughters because in almost every way, they are. After all, what are parents but baby sitters by blood until we are old enough to make it on our own? You have a bond with them that no one else has, and no matter what, no one can deny you that beauty.
:)
Jas...